A selection of the awesome weapon effects featured in the game!Read More
The latest news, previews, features, updates, competitions, and more from Dark Future: Blood Red States.
We've got exciting news! The Steam page for Dark Future: Blood Red States is now live. Check it out for more info about the game, to see a bunch of awesome screenshots, and for all the latest news!
There is a wealth of features in the game, including;
- RealTimeShift Vehicular Action Strategy: command your ops and vehicles second by second as fits your tactical choices, as you hammer enemy vehicles with bullets, rockets, and ramming.
- Explore the sand-strewn wastes of a near-future USA, with gorgeous visuals and realistic physics powered by Unreal Engine 4.
- Get ahead of enemies to drop devastating mines, riddle their gas tanks with bullets from your machine gun turret, or turbo boost into their tail to send them spinning off the road.
- Outrun merciless corporations and deranged gangcults in high-speed highway shoot outs.
- Purchase new vehicles and upgrade them with powerful new weapons.
- Put together the most famous (or infamous) team of Ops and Interceptors in Dark Future history, then increase their abilities through successful missions and the latest cybernetic enhancements.
- Unravel a rich campaign filled with tactical decision-making and intense action.
- Stay in complete control of the action strategy using either keyboard and mouse or the controller of your choosing.
- A faithful adaptation of Games Workshop’s Dark Future universe, guided by legendary sci-fi author James Swallow (Dark Future, Warhammer 40,000, Deus Ex, 2000 AD)
For more information, check out the Steam page. There, you can wishlist the game so you will be the first to know when the game is out, when changes to the Steam page are made, and of course, keep your eyes peeled on this blog for the latest developments!
In the lead-up to the release of Dark Future: Blood Red States, we have been periodically releasing in-engine footage from Dark Future: Blood Red States on Vine, showing off just some of the vehicles featured in the game. Some you will control, others you will cripple, on your way to becoming the most feared Sanctioned Op in the States!
Below is a collection of all of these vehicle clips, in all their shiny glory!
Blood Breed vehicle
T-Bird Gang vehicle
If you've been keeping up with Dark Future: Blood Red States, you'll have seen that we've been putting out pictures showing the fantastic art from the original board game manuals from back in the '80s, including the amazing vehicle design, plus a few screens showing the landscapes of The Big Empty.
We were obviously massively inspired by that iconic artwork and unique landscape, and today we're excited to present the - work-in-progress - combination of the two, with your first look at the Blood Breed Renegade, sat on the cracked tarmac of the American Mid-West...
Development of Blood Red States is speeding along, so we've got just a little more of the game to show you.
Below you'll find some brand new (work-in-progress) shots taken from within the game engine, showing off more of our vision for the Big Empty.
Fancy a sneak peak at Dark Future: Blood Red States? It's your lucky day, because we have exactly that just below these words, showing a little of what you can expect to see from our interpretation of a grim alternative future.
The next edition of the weekly Humble Bundle is a Games Workshop special, with titles including Chainsaw Warrior: Lords of the Night, Dawn of War II: Retribution - The Last Standalone, Space Hulk Ascension, Warhammer Quest and more. You can pay what you want for this awesome collection, with a percentage of the proceeds going to charity. Talk about a win-win!
As well as both Chainsaw Warrior games featuring in the Bundle, we've also included a small teaser for our next Games Workshop title. Games Workshop’s 1988 board game Dark Future was as well-received for its interesting gameplay mechanics and vehicular combat as it was for its uncomfortably plausible near future setting. Part of the enduring success of the game and its status as a cult classic can be attributed to the series of novels, originally written in the 1990s and recently revived, which built upon and fleshed out this bleak alternate universe.
We're currently adapting the board game into a digital version called Dark Future: Blood Red States, so ahead of its late Winter release, we are including an eBook version of Golgotha Run, a Dark Future novel by Dave Stone, in the Humble Bundle. Why not catch up on the series and its rich, immersive world before the game drops early next year?